The American people get hammered because worthy persons like Judge Neil Gorsuch are disparaged and innovative policies are sabotaged. I mean, did you watch any of the Gorsuch hearings? I don’t want to compare the judge to Jesus but it was exactly the same thing.
– Fox News pundit Bill O’Reilly, April 4, 2017
Just so everyone knows… there has NEVER been a successful partisan filibuster of a #SCOTUS nominee in the history of the US #Senate.
– Republican Senator Mitch McConnell, March 29, 2017, leader of the first successful partisan filibuster of a SCOTUS nominee in the Senate
[Neil] Gorsuch filibuster would be 1st ever. Not even divisive [Clarence] Thomas nomination filibustered. Truth is D[emocrats] will filibuster anyone @POTUS nominates.
– Republican Senator Marco Rubio, March 28, 2017, after 11 months of GOP filibustering Merrick Garland
“The Supreme Court has never recognised a fundamental right to engage in sexual activity outside of monogamous heterosexual marriage, let alone to engage in homosexual sodomy. Such a right would be antithetical to the ‘traditional relation of the family’ that is ‘as old and as fundamental as our entire civilisation’.
– Conservative Appeals Court Justice William Pryor, 2003, in a brief regarding the legality of criminalizing homosexuality
Apparently there’s yet a new standard now, which is to not confirm a Supreme Court candidate at all. I think that’s something the American people simply will not tolerate.
– Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, January 6, 2017, after almost a full year of his own refusal to nominate Barrack Obama’s Supreme Court candidate