Just so everyone knows… there has NEVER been a successful partisan filibuster of a #SCOTUS nominee in the history of the US #Senate.
– Republican Senator Mitch McConnell, March 29, 2017, leader of the first successful partisan filibuster of a SCOTUS nominee in the Senate
We need more jobs, we need better wages, a lot better wages. We’re gonna work very hard on the inner city. Ben is gonna be doing that, big league. That’s one of the big things that you’re gonna be looking at. We need safer communities and we’re going to do that with law enforcement. We’re gonna make it safe. We’re gonna make it much better than it is right now. Right now it’s terrible, and I saw you talking about it the other night, Paris, on something else that was really—you did a fantastic job the other night on a very unrelated show.
– President Donald J. Trump, February 1, 2017, kicking off Black History Month by parading around his prized negro
Anybody who pretends I’m not smart or not credible, it’s like, ‘Excuse me, I’ve spoken 1.2 million words on TV, okay?,’ You wanna focus on two here and two there, it’s on you, you’re a fucking miserable person, P.S., just whoever you are.
– Counselor to President Donald J. Trump, March, 2017, when confronted about lying
[Neil] Gorsuch filibuster would be 1st ever. Not even divisive [Clarence] Thomas nomination filibustered. Truth is D[emocrats] will filibuster anyone @POTUS nominates.
– Republican Senator Marco Rubio, March 28, 2017, after 11 months of GOP filibustering Merrick Garland
We need to go back to teaching people how to be American — to assimilating them into an American civilization. We absorb lots of people from lots of places. We can do it again, but part of that requires that we defeat this left-wing mythology that you can be multicultural and still be a single country. I think we can have many peoples come to America, but they need to learn to be American if they’re going to live here.
– Republican Newt Gingrich, March 22, 2017, forgetting to mention what he means by “American“
While we mourn these victims, again, this was a man who took his car and a knife and ended up killing four innocent victims, no gun involved at all. So, when you see him here, and you have the left coming out all outraged about gun violence, it doesn’t really matter. It’s not the gun that pulls the trigger, it’s the human being that does it. It’s not the terrorist — I mean, it’s not the car or knife that kills people, it’s the terrorist that does it.
– Fox News Host Eric Bolling, March 23, 2017, definitely not politicizing the March, 2017 London terror attack
I just don’t think it’s useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party. We’ll never even get started with doing the things we need to do, like repealing Obamacare, if we’re spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense.
– Republican Senator Rand Paul, February, 2017, reminding the world of why Republicans will never hold their own party accountable